news — July 16, 2019 at 1:29 pm

Mauboussin on the shelves of Galeries Lafayettes





The historic French brand Mauboussin was sold to the group that controls the Galeries Lafayettes ♦ ︎

Mauboussin is a historic French jewelry company, founded in 1827. It opened the first store in the United States, in New York in 2009 and in Moscow in 2017. Now, however, it also has a new owner, equally historic: the Galeries Lafayettes, large French warehouse opened in 1895 on the Boulevard Haussmann. The Galeries Lafayettes group, which controls the department store, announced the acquisition of a majority stake in the jewelry brand Mauboussin, along with its current CEO, Alain Némarq, who will continue to run the company. The manager managed to get a part in the operation thanks to the support of the Mirabaud Asset Management fund.

Mauboussin, anello in oro rosa e zaffiri rosa
Mauboussin, anello in oro rosa e zaffiri rosa

Galeries Lafayettes already controls other jewelery brands, such as Galeries Lafayette-Royal Quartz Paris, Louis Pion, Guérin Joaillerie, Bhv and La Redoute. Mauboussin was taken over by the entrepreneur Dominique Frémont in 2002, which held 84.3%, while the remaining 15.7% was owned by Némarq, who has guided the maison’s restructuring since 2002, transforming it into one of the main players of the sector, with a turnover of 75 million euros in 2018 and over 60 thousand jewels produced per year. The brand counts on a network of 75 points of sale in France and in the most famous international capitals.





Tiara con diamanti e zaffiri
Tiara con diamanti e zaffiri

Interno delle Galeries Lafayette
Interno delle Galeries Lafayette

Spilla di Mauboussin venduta da Sotheby's
Spilla di Mauboussin venduta da Sotheby’s

Spilla di Mauboussin del 1951
Spilla di Mauboussin del 1951







Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *